Do you realize that over half of you--those of you faithful and loyal enough to take the time to vote--told me to leave the poor child's hair alone? That over half of you said "she cut it, make her live with it!" Hubs came home from his business trip, and the next morning she's all, "Daaaaaad, you haven't said anything about my hair. Don't you like it?"
I did break down and evened it out before church on Sunday. I had a minor ephiphany wherein I realized I once cut my own bangs back in the fourth grade too. Mind you, I went about it a little differently. I did NOT sneak preschool scissors into my room. I did NOT not comb my hair first, and I did NOT only cut the hair in the center of my forehead and then push it back to try to blend it in in the hopes that mom wouldn't notice. It almost worked too, thanks to that pesky cow-lick. Which is one HUGE reason why she's never had bangs. DUH!!
So, lesson learned. Let her be. Pick your battles. Natural Consequences. Blah Blah. Obviously she wants bangs, and thinks she's old enough to make that decision. (Yeah, I know she's almost 10, but I still think that until she turns 18 AND graduates AND moves out of my house AND stops getting monthly checks from me, I have total control.)
And that ephiphany included the realization that I was going to have to endure church with her at my side. So I did what any
Unfortunately, all the pics I got never showed the true nature of the "bangs." So this is the best I could do. And well, I've been too

3 comments:
You ARE a good mother!! Growing up I had bad looking bangs, but I thought I looked good. My mom just let me go as I was, I wished my mom would have given me a good talk to about not walking around like a fool....
Ya, good luck with that total control thing. I'm a complete control freak, and amazingly enough, my kids do not respond well to that. Especially after they turn 18. I KNOW, right?
I think you're doing a great job!
I think you did good. I probably would have done the same thing. It's not nearly as bad when Chris cut out some rubber bands out of Claire's hair a few years ago and took a big chunk of hair from the top of her head. That took 2 years to "fix."
Post a Comment