Thursday, December 4, 2008

29 Again

Remind me next year to stay in bed and sleep this day away. My birthday always sucks, compounded by the fact that despite having no expectations, you still deep deep deep down expect someone (in your family) to go the extra yard mile to show you how important you are. Someone. Anyone.

Birthdays suck, and I'm so done with them.

(But I am still grateful I was blessed with another year. That's so not a part of this.)

The Breast Cancer Site

12 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday!!

I am like you, last year my husband totally forgot about my birthday. My father in law had to remind him about it. It was 8 pm by the time my husband relized he forgot my birthday. Sigh....

I hope you at least got dinner cooked for you.

I always have high expectations for some special surprise, and then.....chirp chirp....nothing. The chirping was crickets. In case you didn't get that.

Anyway, I don't mean to write a novel. Have a great Birthday!!!!

Jennifer said...

Aww..sorry you had a crappy day. We need to celebrate..you wanna do something on Sat? Shopping? Dinner? Any way, happy birthday!

Mia said...

Happy Birthday!!! I am sorry that is was a bummer for you. I hope that someone makes up for it tomorrow, and in a big way!

Minnie said...

Happy Birthday Sweetie.

I hope you have a year filled with everything you want out of it.

Randi said...

I'm SO sorry!
You know, how much birthdays suck is only topped by Mother's Day.

After 24 years? I've learned never to expect ANYHTING at all for either occasion. That way if someone does remember, it's purely a bonus.

Also on my birthday I take myself out for a once-a-year pedicure.
It just makes me feel like someone cared (Even if it was only me.)
(I know that logic is twisted, but it's working for me,k?)

Laura said...

Thank you girls! Love you all!!

Yvonne said...

I came from randi's--Happy Belated Birthday. I tell everyone for DAYS that I'm so excited it's going to be my birthday!!!!!

Amanda said...

Maybe next year I will be nice and send you some flowers....there's something to look forward too!!!

JNew said...

Happy (belated) birthday!

Camille said...

Happy Birthday yesterday. I hope today was a lot better than what your yesterday seemed to be like!

Corrine said...

Hey Randi mentioned that you were having a birthday and just wanted to come by and wish you a great one! HAPPY BIRTHDAY from your new best friend :) haha not sure why I said that...

Nancy Face said...

I came by from Randi's...sorry it's almost a week late!

Happy Birthday! :D

Happy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D

H-A-P-P-Y B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y! :D

Feliz Cumpleanos! :D

HOORAY! :D