What do you do when you are twenty minutes from picking up your three children from school (and two others also), you have a baby with you, your neighbor is out of town having a cancer treatment, and you are in the drugstore parking lot, when you realize that her (the neighbor) cat is stuck in your van engine?
Yeah, that's what I thought. I didn't know either. Luckily I was right across the street from a garage, which was just up the block from the school, so I started up the van (YIKES!) and drove over and begged some old guy with a gut and a beard to help me find the cat.
Long story short, we ended up with an audience of hairdressers holding their breaths, finding the cat who turned out NOT to be the neighbor's cat after all, but an unknown tiny black and white kitten I've never seen before, and a mechanic who now feels like he has seen it all.
Luckily I didn't have to interrupt the treatment to inform the neighbor that I slaughtered her cat.
Many Many MANY thanks to the horde of hairdressers who adopted the kitty, even though she came out mid-poop (I swear, it actually was in the middle of doing it's dump!), and they had to contend with the kitty for in a box in the beauty shop for the rest of their workday.
Wow, why does this stuff always happen to me?

9 comments:
That is too funny! Your van must be an animal magnet. Didn't you have a bird stuck in your van a while back?
Wow, I'm surprised the cat came out alive.
You should have adopted it, then Steven could have his own pet and really wouldn't have to "like" the dog!!!
I like cats/kittens less than I like the dog. Honestly I do like cats and dogs but I just have an issue about what to do with the darn things when you take a trip. And they cost money for the vet/groomer/food.
No way!! You have got to making that up!
the cat was definitely luckier than the bird
That's amazing! And these things always happen to you? You must lead an exciting, and spend thrifty life!
Are you kidding me? Seriously, what could happen next? That is crazy. At least you stopped. I would have kept on driving. LOL!! I am not a cat person.
Oh wow! That is one crazy day. Luckily the cat was ok.
Post a Comment