Isn't that what we always say? "At least I've still got my health." I can look around me and be so incredibly grateful I'm not dealing with the health crap some of my friends and family are. It's funny how things can just pile up--one thing on top of another on top of another...and we just get more negative. This is my (Hopefully not bad) attempt at putting this sad sad time behind me.
So here's what I'm thankful for lately:
1. The idiots who broke into my van Fri night didn't touch my wallet. Which contained certain pieces of info that could have affected me for a very long time.
2. I got a new ipod out of the deal. Now granted, I had to make a choice: live without an ipod indefinitely while hubs continued with his plan to surprise me with a kitchen aid mixer for Christmas (WOW!!) or spend the money he set aside for the mixer to replace the one gadget besides my phone that stays attached to me. It really doesn't matter that the new ipod is sleeker, purple and plays movies. I liked my old one, we were bonded, and this cool new one is too unfamiliar and foreign. I want my old one back.
3. There are actually fairly sneaky ways of finding the serial number of the last ipod hooked to your computer, and there is a great website that registers the stolen numbers in a database to thwart the efforts of thieves to sell to pawn shops and such. I am taking immense pleasure in imagining the look on their faces when they can't get their dough. (They were STUPID THIEVES!! Took a freaking credit card, had more than ample hours to run it up--significantly--before we reported it, and they never used it!)
4. They never used my credit card! See? Blessings.
5. I did reach another birthday this year. A boy in Jake's class buried his father on Friday, who died fairly suddenly and unexpectedly. I can complain all I like that no one showed me my due appreciation, but really? I had a freakin birthday. This is good.
6. The cop sleeping next door and the one across the street from him didn't keep us from getting robbed. I don't quite understand how they can catch every kid who comes by to roll a house (and it's quite the game--scaring them--I'd be a cop just to have fun doing that!), but they can't catch a few who managed to rifle through every unlocked vehicle in the neighborhood. Blessing here? Hmmm...anyone?
7. I'll never ever ever leave my cars unlocked again. And someone really should have tied up Murphy before he wrote his stupid laws, because I would get robbed the one friggin night I forgot to lock the car doors before bed. AAAHHHH!!!!!
I do have to relay a phone conversation my neighbor had with a lady down the street, though. She called and the hubs answered. She says, "Why are there two cop cars at Laura's? He says, "Laura beat up Steven." She says, "NNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" Completely thought he was serious! So here's the question for ya to answer: Do you think I could beat up my hubs? Or is he too rock solid for that?

8 comments:
How do you manage to make an event like that hilarious?
It's like the time that someone stole our Buick Station Wagon while Chris was stationed in Memphis. It had 400,000 miles on it and was in between two much newer and nicer cars. What the heck?!
you're nuts!
Solid rock!! LOL!! Girl if he wasn any kind of man, he would let you beat him up!! LOL!! Oh that is funny.
I heard about the man who passed away so suddenly, that is soooo sad, and it makes me hug my babies and kiss my husband a bit more.
And theaves are never smart, that is why they steal stuff. If they were smart the would have jobs and money. And then they could afford the things that they would have other wise been stealing. You follow me?
Any way, it is hard to get used to new things. I really hate our satelite. We just got it two days ago and it frustrates me. I want my PBS and KPLC. is that too much for a girl to ask for?
What a week. I would get the Kitchen Aide mixer still for Christmas. :-) I got one last year and use it constantly!
And then I'd spend $80 on an iPod shuffle and make do with that until you can get the bigger/better iPod.
I'm so sorry for everything!...but you have your health, right? ;-)
rotten luck
Oh, I think you could totally take him!
And my car was locked so they just busted the window out! So you really can't win! If they want it they'll find a way to get it!
What really rattles my cage and just makes this such a slap in the face is that just the Wednesday before this happened I was at the library lending my phone to a lady who had her window busted out and her purse stolen - at the library or all places. I guess that wasn't a wake up call enough for me to make an extra effort to lock our vehicles at night. If thugs are brave enough to bust out a window in the middle of the library parking lot around 7:00 pm then why would I think that my family vehicles are safe in my driveway.
Post a Comment