Monday, December 8, 2008

Wow, Now I'm Running Two Pages!

That makes me sound like a busy lady! But better busy than lazy, right? (At least by perception!)

So basically, I went out shopping today, and it was super fun. I hit CVS and Kroger, and got loads of deals. I did Hobby Lobby too, but well, we'll get to that in a sec.

So basically, it's like this: I know you're not all interested in hearing about every deal I make. If you were, you'd be reading all the other blogs I read too, and I'm pretty sure most of you aren't! BUT, well, I get so darn excited, so I turned my review blog (that I've never really used!) into the shopping blog. Same address, different objective. But still a work in progress.

Ok, so that was the boring stuff. But the rest of you don't get off the hook just quite yet. I still gotta tell you about my day.

CVS was great...I spent a whopping $1.45 on about $35 worth of stuff. Go Me! I hit Hobby Lobby too, and did quite well with their 50% sale this week. They had everything I wanted on sale, and I didn't know it until I got there! I was looking for an iron wall plate hanger, and some plates that would go with my new red kitchen (oops, did I forget to blog about that?). Well, anyway, so great deals.

I get home, get busy and have the plates set in a very safe place on the counter so the rowdy rambunctious kidlets won't bother them. (B/c they so would.) And then, I went to put away my four big ol bottles of completely unnecessary theraflu, which was good since I was cleaning the kitchen. But...well...this is where the discount shopping took a turn for the worst.

Remember the safe plates?

Apparently, tossing the bottles of theraflu into the medicine cabinet--which was too high for me to reach well, hence the toss--unsettled other bottles on the shelf, which then unsettled the salt shaker, which is glass too, and decided to take a dive.

Right. On. My. Brand Spanking New Wall Plates.

Yeah.

So now I have this.

And the seven bucks I saved on this plate? Going right back into the purchase of another. Bummer.


The Breast Cancer Site

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading about your cvs savings!! I'm so about to blog about mine!

Camille said...

Do you do anything else but blog and shop? I love it. And so sorry about being robbed...that's a bummer!

Unknown said...

I do like the plates. They look really good with the red walls. you did a great job picking those out.

Later...

Andrea said...

Awesome CVS shopping!! One of these days I will have to go with you so I can see what and how you do it!!
And I always try to make things "safe" and then I am the one who breaks them. Sigh.....

Jennifer said...

Oo..I'm excited to hear about your finds. I still don't get how you stack it so you pay less the 2 bucks for all that stuff..we have to chat.
But I'm stuck on your twitter thing..Where were you at when you got all that stuff stolen from your van?! At least they got the broken DVD player (right?) so maybe Santa Claus will get you a new one..cough cough Steven. :-)