Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Faker Sick Boy

What I overheard my 8 year old son reporting to his father this morning:

J: "And I still smell my farts. And they're not quiet either."

Wonder what that was about...because I, for sure, didn't ask.

Of course, this is the same kid that tried to convince me of a horrible stomach ache before school yesterday. The one who just had the stomach bug. I sent him off to school anyway, which wouldn't have been a problem except that when he saw he had a subsitute teacher at school he saw an incredible opportunity he couldn't resist. Within thirty minutes of being at school, I got a phone call. "Jacob threw up."

In reality, the kid asked to go the bathroom, walked the quarter mile to get there, spit in the toilet and went back to class clutching his stomach and said he puked.

I brought him back to school within an hour.

This is what necessitates my sick rule: You aren't believed until I see it. Meaning show me the puke, diarrhea, fever, runny nose, whatever. But if you flush the toilet? You're out of luck.

Too bad, so sad.

2 comments:

Melissa S. said...

I can totally see your kids guarding the toilet at school until you get there so they can PROVE to you that they really did throw up in it! :)

Minnie said...

Melissa-I was just thinking the same exact thing. LOL