Saturday, February 14, 2009

I ran in my First 5K

And I'm tired.

Or maybe sore would be a better word.

I didn't run the entire thing, but maybe about half total.

I hit a point close to the end where I was just DONE. I was tired, and had a sinus headache and I wasn't running another step.

And then a new song on my ipod started, and I heard, "Give me that dunkie butt and dem big ol legs, I ain't to proud to beg..."

Believe me when I say that song is motivation. Because I just envisioned the "dunkie butt" and I immediately went back to a jog.

It feels pretty good, despite the screaming soreness!

Word of advice: When you decide to jump into your first 5k, it's a good idea to actually PRACTICE before the actual race!

Anyone up for a race in March? It'll be fun!

7 comments:

The Sanford Family said...

Hey!! I'm so proud!!! Even if you didn't practice beforehand, you jumped in there and did it!!! Go you!!!!

Anonymous said...

i'd LOVE to! And, what kind of music are you listening to?!!

JNew said...

i don't know what a dunkie butt is but i don't think i want one

Amanda said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!! I WANT TO RUN ONE!

I am actually hoping to run one this spring around here. Keep your fingers crossed!!! WAY TO GO!!!

Andrea said...

Uhm...I don't think I have ever heard that song before!! LOL!! Girl you rock, that is awesome!! I would love to do one with ya, but I am not sure I would make it at all.

Mia said...

Congrats!! But I think you will have to count me out for the race in March ;)

Carolina girl said...

Wow! Good for you!