Happy Monday! (As if there's such a thing? But I'm trying to be optimistic this week.)
My goal for today: Don't yell at the kids. Really! For one whole day, I don't want to raise my voice. Wish me luck on that one.
In other news, we went out to eat Saturday night with some friends. Which was nice. I could still walk then (as opposed to today--I'm limping around painfully now), and we actually kind of dressed up for each other. We stay so busy that it's hard to do that.
I had gone shopping like three weeks ago, the day I bought that size 2 skirt, and bought some pants that were nice. There were super cheap, from NY&C, and super cute! So going out gave me a great opportunity to wear them. Goofy, but exciting for me.
I pulled them out of the closet and pulled off the tags. We were running late, and so I was dressing quickly, while Steven was ushering the kids into the van to wait on me. Get the pressure I was under?
I put on the pants, and well, I pulled them right back down. Without unbuttoning them.
My NEW, CUTE, size four pants. WHAT THE HECK?
I pulled out another pair of pants that I'd worn a month or so ago, and were tight then, so I threw those on thinking they'd work. Ha. Yeah right. That's too easy.
They looked even worse, although they fit better around the waist. I went back to the new pants. They at least didn't look as bad.
This weight loss is exciting, but man, it's getting expensive! B/c now I've got to go shopping again and try to find a pair or two of dress pants in a new size!
So if anyone has any moneytree seeds, please send em my way. It'd be nice to not break the bank on this!
On the up side, we stopped by old navy on the way home, and I picked up an adorable jogging suit in an...XS...on final clearance.
What I don't get is that I still have a pooch/muffin top, so there's comfortable room to go down another size. What size am I supposed to go down to? I know TONS of people who are easily smaller than me. Where do they shop? B/c certainly their clothes look like they fit them.
(P.S. I'm sitting on about 48 pounds of weight loss now! I feel great!)
10 comments:
Old Navy's XS are too small for ya?!! You could always shop in Madison's section.. ya know, the little girls' dept. Madi wears a 5 in their jeans. Try those on! And even better, her jeans have those adjustable waists!
Ok, Ha Ha...the XS fits! As do the two's. But I'm not kidding about the poochie. What do I do when I lose that?
How are you doing it?!!!!
The secret I shall reveal here for all to see:
Send your husband to grad school three nights a week so you have to fly solo all day with the motely kid crew.
Laura is awsome. She is a good trooper.
PS. I pitched a little fit about taking the picture because we were about 20 minutes late for a reservation on valetine's night. Thank you, Laura, for putting up with me, slowing me down, and getting a photo of us together. You're the best. I Love you.
Yeah! That's awesome!
I'm about 5'8" and 106 (Not bragging, in fact I look like a spaz) but Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, and Arden B seem to accomodate me.
Good luck.
Thanks! I've never even walked into Ann Taylor! I'll check it out!
I am so excited for you and all that snazzy weight loss! Send it my way, i got a few more baby pounds i gotta get rid of!
Okay, you just need to shop at Ross or Marshalls. That way the clothes are cheap!! And you suck. I need to loose that much. Sigh.....
And girl you have four kids, the poochie is there for ever!! Whauahahahahaa!! That was my evil laugh. :)
Okay, I am just bitter that you are a twig and I am still chuncky, sigh......
daaaaaaaaaaang laura!!!!! you freakin go girl!!!!!!!
i am jealous!!!!!!!!!!!
mail me your old "fat" clothes!!! you and i are about the same height... so they should work for me!!!!!
............................
....come see my new blog....
............................
Post a Comment