Saturday, March 28, 2009

Oh Geez...

I've been trying very hard to get back on board with all my blogging. I miss the comments and visits I get, and I miss venting through my posts! Or even just taking the time to record the funny moments or whatever. I've sat down several times this week and started--and almost completed--several posts, which I just quit on. Sometimes life is so discouraging, and I think I will never understand why I was granted the blessing of the challenges I face daily.

And it's not just mothering challenges, but also stupid little things, like the dog in heat thing. Or like the fact that I went out this week and bought the materials I needed to sew myself a dress and that very evening the stupid sewing machine broke. And do I even have time to run it over to the shop to drop it off for repair? NO! And why don't I have that time? BECAUSE MY CHILDREN WON'T COOPERATE!

Or the fact that my very awesome and intelligent little boy who was given the challenge of ADHD in life that has been struggling this entire school year with inadequate medicinal help finally found a medicine that worked for him. And three days after starting it, what would happen? Side effects. And not just the regular having-trouble-sleeping side effect, but like a serious rare side effect--Hallucination. Yeah. This would be the cause of night two of no sleep for me. Night three this week would be that he slept the entire day Thursday (like went to sleep at school start time and woke up at bedtime--13 hours later) so he stayed up almost the entire night.) Night one of no sleep would be from procrastinating my grocery shopping, and Kroger's sale was on it's last day, and the only time I had to get by there was Tuesday night, so I went, and of course I hit the check out 15 minutes after midnight--when the cash registers rolled over to the new sale. And it took almost a hour and a half for them to check me and a friend out. I got to bed about 3:30 a.m.

I slept for 15 hours straight last night. So I should be having a fantastic day. But I woke up to a totally disorganized house, dishes in the sink, blah blah blah, along with a son who isn't medicated at all right now (and acting like a freaking bouncy ball on drugs) and a crap load of things to do, and errands to run, and birthday parties and what not today, and we need to get out of the house! But no! No one will cooperate!

See why I need a good scream?!!

If you hear one at some random point, don't worry too much. It's just me letting off some steam. And it'll probably be loud enough to hear in Saudi!

2 comments:

The Sanford Family said...

This is weird. So, I haven't had quite as a bad week as you have had but I sat down this week several times, started to post, never finished the post - mostly because I was just discouraged with the little things in life going wrong. I went to an ADHD support group two weeks ago and the topic was medication. They had an expert there from Charelston, WV and it was wonderful. I learned so much. I'm so grateful that the first medicine we tried on Claire worked with few negative side effects. I can only imagine the frusstration of trial and error for ADHD meds. NOT a fun "game." Tell me about those hallucinations!

Andrea said...

Oh girl, I wish I had a magic want for you. To make everything all better. Your dog is in heat again? Dang, get that girl fixed, with all your extra time.

I am so sorry about your son's meds. That is frustrating and sounds very tiring.

I hope things start to go a bit better!! You need to come out and see our horses. Leave the kids at home and I'll let you ride!!