I decided to take off and go on a cruise! Not such an easy decision to make, although I scream enough on here for a decent vacation. But I'd be leaving all my babies for close to a week, my hubs with no one to help him out, and spending alot of money.
Ok, so why is that a problem? Yeah, not one of those is! Even the money thing is amazing--such a great fantastic deal that how could I possibly pass it up? I can't! As far as I'm concerned, I'm going to be lounging by the pool on a boat with no kids for five days in the middle of the gulf of Mexico. What could be better than that?
So the problem? I spent today cleaning my house, and I'm about wore slap out. I climbed my laundry mountain, and it feels great. And tonight, I loaded up the dishwasher, turned it on, and went into the other room.
And a few minutes later, I heard Steven exclaim, "What the CRAP?" from the kitchen. So I poked my head around the corner to see what he was doing, and lo and behold, I saw water and suds POURING out of the dishwasher. All over the floor.
Did I sign up for a life of drama before I was born? Did I go to Heavenly Father and say, "PUL-EEZE give me lots and lots of drama?" I'm not really a pessimistic person, even though you probably couldn't tell from all the complaining I do here. But really! I spent this entire week with a very sick baby--I was ready to put her in the hospital by Thursday morning! Friday was no good, and then here we go again today!
Hubs had no problem telling me that a new dishwasher costs more than my cruise does. In fact, his exact words were "Well, would you rather a dishwasher that works or a cruise for a week, and then spend the next six months handwashing dishes?"
Blah, Blah, Blah...
It ain't over yet, hon!
5 comments:
that stinks. so whatcha gonna do?
UHM... you can get a new dishwasher for around 200!! How much is that cruise? I would go on the cruise and let your hubby handwash dishes for a week and then he will buy you a dishwasher!! Whauahahahaaaa
I hope you baby feels better!
DUH!!! I gonna order the part and make him stay home and fix it while I cruise to Mexico with a fruity drink in my hand!
Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah.
Maybe the kids should do the handwashing.
Post a Comment