Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Break

So we took the kids to the zoo this past weekend, and we learned a few new things!

For instance, when Jacob asked why Jacob Sheep are called that, Steven replied, "It's cuz they're nasty."


And when Ashley found a good climbing tree, and I invited her to climb, we learned that all of our kids are very big talkers! But I showed them up. They learned their mama's not scared of a dare.

And (you'll be thankful I don't have a picture of this one) we learned how bats pee when they're hanging! They hang upside down, and stay hanging, but sort of swing right side up, pee, and then twirl back up and go back to sleep! That was the highlight of Jacob's day.

We had super fun in the super weather. And I'm now suffering through enjoying spring break with my kiddos. Luckily there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Not only do they get to go back to school at the end of the week, but I'm abandoning taking off for some even better weather!
Four more days to sail!

2 comments:

Mia said...

Look at you up in that tree! Love it. Have a blast on your cruise.

Minnie said...

Girl you look FANTASTIC! Keep up the good work.

I hope you enjoy your vacation, and am very pleased that you didn't share the bat picture with us.