And another summer bites the dust. Usually I'm pretty excited, but I had a great summer! Mostly. It was lazy and relaxing, and full of late mornings. My kids were mellow, I was mellow, life was pretty good. And now it's over. Gone. Blah!
Now I have early mornings, bad attitude kids who are sleepy, homework, carpools, dance classes, boy scouts, and the whole myriad of activities that accompany having kids. Unfortunately, I have no more energy! I think it ran out last May?
Yesterday was the kiddos first day back. And it was a double whammy. Kiddo #1 started her very last first day of elementary school! Oh boy. And kiddo #4 started her very first day of preschool. I KNOW!! What the heck?
I thought I was going to have an awesome day. I thought I was going to have a great breakfast with the other ladies who dumped their kids off too, followed by a relaxing pedicure and maybe some mall shopping or whatever. But instead, after breakfast, when I still just felt bummed, I came home, laid outside in my hammock and fell asleep. For 3 hours.
Bummed was just the best word I could think of to describe me. As I walked the Syd into her little school, she refused to hold my hand! I KNOW! And then, when we got in the front door, she immediately shed her backpack and ran for an Elmo table with some blocks. She didn't even get into the classroom before leaving me! She didn't cry, and in fact, she didn't even notice when I left! My baby! I KNOW!
As for the other kids, well, it was interesting. Jacob refused to get up, and when we called, "Jake, you really need to get up NOW!" he screamed back, "I KNOWWWW!!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" as he rolled over and covered up his head. Lucikly, I think he got another teacher who can put him in his place. We'll see! And Ashley had her first experience with her alarm clock. We sat her down and told her it is now her responsibility to get up in the mornings. I got her one of those cheapos from Walmart and set it last night for her. Before I turned off her light, I pointed my finger at her, and fussed, "Don't you dare press that snooze button!" And she didn't. After we heard it go off, I went and checked on her. I found her standing up, wobbily, but up, and she said, "I didn't know it was going to make THAT noise." (hehehe) I'm just happy it she hated it as much as I do!
Christopher just was happy go lucky. He got up, got dressed, got his stuff, and kept a smile on the whole time. Love it.
May I stay so lucky for the rest of the year! *cross fingers!*
1 comment:
I will need you as inspiration as I start dealing with school in the future. Four kids?! I thought one was hard! Okay, one kid, 7 cats, two parrots and...yeah...I think I'd rather have four kids!
Post a Comment