Saturday, December 5, 2009

Screw 30, Screw 29...HELLO 25!

It's that time of year again! My favorite sucky day of the year: MY BIRTHDAY! And while I've become a serious blogging slacker, I HAD to sit down and add to the saga. You remember this and this, right? Let's continue on!

Hubs told me a few weeks ago that he was going to take my birthday off from work and take me to lunch! Wow! Sounds great to me!
Only, then the truth came out. He had a final scheduled for that evening and he was really taking the day off to sit at the library and study. His plan was to head over there from lunch and sit the rest of the day there cramming. Lunch was in place of dinner out.

Only then, two days before, he says he was thinking it would be nice to go have brunch somewhere. He was thinking IHOP.

I looked him square in the eye and said, "You are NOT taking me to IHOP and you are NOT taking me to brunch just so you can hit the library earlier either."

He looked pretty sheepish at that. Can't deny the truth!

So birthday morning dawns. He's HOME, so I turned OFF my alarm clock and happily snoozed away while he juggled the morning crankiness hatefulness cheerfulness of my kiddos. AND, he COOKED breakfast!

I got to eat my eggs and MUFFINS with the topping stuff in the bed in quiet while the rest sat at the table and *sigh* argued over who got the most debated amongst themselves.

He also let me eat my cake for breakfast too. Wanna see it? Then I went back to sleep!

Fastforward to my lunch at DeAngelos for shrimp and corn bisque, and YUMMMM!!!! The best part? On the way to the restaurant, we got a call that Steven's final got rescheduled for next week!

AND, he gave me a PRESENT too! Now, there was no wrapping paper, but it was in a nice fancy box. This man actually asked around at work, got a recommendation, DROVE to the place and bought me a SPA PEDICURE!!!

AND since his evening was suddenly freed up, he made me a big ol pot of GUMBO!! AND cleaned the kitchen! AND put the lights on my Christmas tree! I hate that job.

And, for those of you who are wondering...

YES, HELL FROZE OVER!


IT SNOWED!!!!

7 comments:

The Caple Crew said...

YAY I'm so glad you had a good birthday!
I feel the same tho. I get so excited and try to make everyone else's birthday fun and exciting but then when it comes to my birthday nobody does anything...I get let down every year. So sad.

JNew said...

sounds like a really good birthday!

Andrea said...

Hooray!! He actually did a good job! I like the part about you getting to stay in bed and sleep!! And then eat and sleep some more!! that sounded wonderful!! I am glad you had a great 25th birthday!

Mia said...

What a wonderful birthday! I am so glad you had a great day.

Mia said...

And of course Happy Birthday!!!

The Sanford Family said...

Oh, holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Steven!!!

Minnie said...

I'm so glad you had a nice birthday.
Breakfast in bed, lunch out, dinner cooked and cleaned by someone else...
Happy Birthday indeed.