Thursday, February 25, 2010

Not In the Kitchen!

I've been home from work for 2 days now with a sick toddler who's really not very sick.  Oh sure, to say she's running fever and has a crusty nose and icky cough makes it sound like she's miserable, but to see her run around the house despite all that is irritating!

And only I would be irritated with a sick baby not being sick enough, right?  But she's become so accustomed to having other kids around to play with and not being the only child at home anymore, that she's bored.  So when she's not shadowing me throughout the house, she's getting into something she knows she shouldn't be in a blatant scream for my undivided attention.  I've taken to locking the door when I'm in the bathroom so I can have my "bathroom time is private time" moment.  Unfortunately, this only angers the princess who pounds and hollers at the door for me to "O-pit tha door, Maa Ma!"

Compound this with potty training.  "Maa Ma!  O-pit tha door!  I wan poo tha pot tee!"

Take this morning.  I sat down at the computer to take care of a few things while she's sitting down by the tv.  The second I plop down in my chair, she's up, in the kitchen, dragging the step stool over to the pantry to see what she can reach.  I didn't stop her, and I could see her, so I didn't worry.  The cookies are too high up for her to reach--no big deal.  And then I hear a noise. 

A "who turned on the sink and left it running" noise.

Not a good noise to hear when your toddler is trying to climb into the pantry while you forgot she's not in a pull up.

"Maa Ma!  I Wet!  I wet, Maa Ma!  Oots! Yuk-ee!"

I'm quickly regretting my decision this morning to NOT be one of those moms who doses their child with tylenol and sends em on to school anyway.  Trust me, she would've been fine.

No comments: