Well, I'm still a working gal--only a working gal from home! Apparently my part time status took up too much office space, so now my space has been relocated to about 20 steps from my bed. And while that sounds, um, fantastic...yeah, think about the
FOUR hoodlums kiddos that reside 40 steps away. You wanna talk about NOISE? AND I've got more work duties too. Who knew I was good enough to write all these freaking grants? There is a reason I majored in MATH! It used to take me hours and hours to write a paper. (Unless it was a math paper--then it just took hours.)
Yeah, now that's my job.
I do have to say I love my new freedom, though. Working in my yoga pants (or um...sometimes my jammies) ROCKS! Waking up when I want...ROCKS! But that's about it. I miss having lunch with the ladies in the office everyday. I miss walking to the copy machine and stopping for that impromptu conversation. I miss always knowing what's going on...now I show up once a week and I feel disorganized and out of my element. I still have stuff I have to be at the office to do, and setting up a temporary camp in the conference room is disorienting. Plus my network connection is
seriously undesirable. I'm talking it can take 5 minutes to open an email. Or having my computer 10 or so keystrokes behind my typing. Fu-Rus-Tra-Ting!!!!
So throw in 4
unruly active kiddos and you can imagine my delight over school starting in 2 1/2 weeks! Throw in one week for vacation and I'm down to 6 1/2 more business days of them! Any longer and I'd be begging the doc for happy pills.
2 comments:
Good to see you back in here and alive. Keep it coming.
Thanks! It's good to be back! I hope to stay around, but I guess you never know!
Post a Comment